Monday 31 January 2011

Something New









Hey all. Well I was hoping my next post would actually be pictures of my book but I can't upload those yet due to camera issues so instead here are some new sketches. I spoke to my tutor today and he basically told me I need to do way more observational drawing, so from now on people, if you see me I will be drawing you. He equated it to learning the piano and the practice people put into that, which reminds me of my sister, who is a professional musician at 16, she spends ages playing everyday, so now that is me, I will be a drawing machine. The only thing standing in my way is the small issue of a dissertation, but lets not think about that. Anyway these are sketches for one of the many (i hope) books I will make for my final major project. A bit of an extension from the last one, based on the tribal theme, I took it further by studying some of Mcqueen's newest designs from S/S 2011. Truly gorgeous dresses, which run along with my tribal theme. I want this book to be edgier and I'm really getting into drawing different hairstyles, the shaven head look and the two tone colour are ones I particularly like. Although they end up looking a bit like a certain rapper, prizes for guessing who...

No comments:

Post a Comment