Thursday 4 November 2010

New Beginnings..




So now its time to show you all the workings of my new project.When we were given another 'write your own brief project' I knew exactly where to start. In my final year the with the penultimate project, I decided to be a bit self indulgent, and I set myself the brief of creating a fashion lookbook, showcasing my illustration. I also want to develop how to best advertise garments, so I decided drawing inspiration from London Fashion Week 2011, I chose garments that I wanted to draw, some were challenging some were just a bit self indulgent. So designers such as Henry Holland, Matthew Williamson and Sass and Bide are now my inspirations. So like with photoshoots, I decided the best way to develop my drawings would be to create themes, inspired by the trends of LFW, so Henry Holland's fringing set up my tribal theme and Julien Mcdonald's floaty dresses inspired an under water theme, more detail to come on my themes once I have developed them further. But these are some sketches I did at the beginning (apologies for the lack of cropping) more to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment